Pages

Monday, May 21, 2012

trepanning?

So. I had a seizure on Thursday morning. This would be more exciting news if it were my first, but it's my fourth so as sick as it sounds I'm kinda old hat at them by now. I bit my tongue up, but not as bad as the first time - it's still a bit numb and weird feeling at the tip today, but the side seems mostly okay.

The doctor put me on Dilantin. I'm not sure I'm thrilled about it - it's played merry hell with my balance, which means I actually left rehearsal on Sunday in tears. Oh, yeah. It also seems to be playing merry hell with my emotional state as well. So that's fun. I need to make an appointment with my regular neurologist and see if I can't maybe switch to the meds I was on in Dublin instead.  Being seizure free is nice, but I'd also like to be relatively sane and not prone to bursting into tears over old Degrassi episodes.


Hey! You know what?! It's almost summer! That means it's time to start thinking about Halloween! No, seriously. Here, have a post to put you in the mood prematurely.

4 comments:

  1. Dude, that sucks! I hope your doc doesn't give you any lip about changing your meds. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oy. Best of luck with the med change. That stuff can get rough.

    In your defense, Degrassi can be pretty moving! I will admit to being emotionally invested in the many trials of Manny Santos, and who does and does not have throat gonorrhea.

    Also: It's never to early to start thinking about Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's a pain in the ass.

      I'm oldschool and have yet to watch the new series. I think part of me just does not want to see Snake as an adult.

      True that!

      Delete