Pages

Monday, May 14, 2012

Linky links.

Couple of things to kick off your Monday.

How time stands still in women's magazines. I was never a big magazine girl myself - I bought a few issues of YM and Seventeen when I was fourteen, but quickly decided to boycott them. My rule was "if someone else has one, I'll read it, but I won't give them my money." That way I could enjoy the 'Say Anything!' stories in the back, enjoy the fashions (or mock them) and still be snotty about not buying into the whole anti-female thing. This is a rule I still abide by today. I don't buy the glossies, for many of the reasons the article there touches on, but I'll flip through em when I get my hair done.

The Atrum Traba. Completely unrelated! But a damn good post. If you're mucking about with spirits, you ought to know how to do this stuff. While we're on the topic, if you haven't read Lon Milo DuQuette's Low Magic and My Life With the Spirits yet, you should. The former has a wonderful example of the exact technique the Bad Witch is talking about, and by wonderful I also mean hilarious.

Also! A roundup by Blue Morris of the media coverage of the VIBF!

No comments:

Post a Comment