Pages

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Secret Circle.... of life. Or something.

I don't have cable, so I watch all my television online. Recently, while enjoying the final episodes of Canada's Worst Driver, I saw repeated ads for a block of shows on MuchMusic (that's Canada's version of MTV) targeted at teenagers who no doubt enjoy Twilight and possibly the True Blood. The shows in question were The Vampire Diaries and The Secret Circle.

The vampires I had no interest in whatsoever - I don't even watch True Blood, despite considering ASkars my imaginary boyfriend. (Him and Jason Momoa. They could get all the things off of high shelves for me!) But the witch show? Ohhh, come on. It looked like just the sort of thing the sibling unit and I need to mock.

Aaaaaaaand it is. We watched the first episode tonight, and plan to watch the second before we podcast about it. The actors are not as awful as I was expecting, with the exception of the token Nancy character. Bitch, you cannot out-Fairuza Fairuza Balk, so don't even try. The evil guy we named the Whorelock, since he's the dude who played that asshole on Queer as Folk. The show is sort of like Practical Magic meets the Craft (duh) meets 90210 as near as I can figure it. It also made me feel old by having "sixteen years ago" seem ancient to the teens, when I'm sitting there going, "fuck you, I was a teenager sixteen years ago!" My shit-ass 'coven' never made a car explode though.


Next week at The Sacred Well I'll be teaching a candle magic class. Candle magic is one of those things I do so often, and have been doing for so goddamn long that actually sitting down to explain HOW is actually sort of hard. So that's my project for this week.

Well, that and working on this solo I pitched ages ago and have sort of been neglecting. The song I'm using is Save It, and I've honestly not worked on it at all because I've been busy either being an alternate for the Vegas submission (which we filmed the first part of today, go team!) or being deathly ill. I'm only just now finally just in the sniffles stage, ugh.

I really need to think of a good costume. I have a few ideas, but it will depend on what works best. I guess I'll see soon enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment