Pages

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Nails!

My nails don't grow long.

I used to work in a video store, and the constant opening and closing of DVD cases and pulling them out of the shelves destroyed my nailpolish. Before that I put my time in at Starfucks, and of course there you can't wear polish and your hands are often wet. My current career is easier on my hands, but alas, my nails still tend to tear at a certain length. This means I can't do a French manicure without making my hands look even stubbier than they are.

Enter... the half moon manicure.

WTF is that? It's this, bitch.

I prefer to just use one colour. I enjoy the classic look of it, even if an 'unusual' colour is used. (My nails were almost exclusively orange throughout October.)

Aaanyway. I saw on I'm pretty sure Pixiwoo a review of a matte topcoat. I think it was by Chanel, which was too pricey for my liking, but while in Sephora I saw that OPI made one as well. So I snagged it, and have applied it over OPI's 'Black Onyx.'

I looove it.

I've been wearing black polish since I was a teenager (back when the only black to be found was that really shitty watery crap that took like, six coats to become black) but it can get a bit dull feeling. This is a nice solution for me.


Booyah.

No comments:

Post a Comment