Pages

Monday, February 20, 2012

Playing catch up.

Last night was Naked Girls Reading: Bust Of!. The event was held at the Backstage Lounge on Granville Island,which was a lovely venue with excellent staff. I'm extremely excited this is the new home for Naked Girls, although I'll have to get used to actually using a microphone. Normally I just depend on my natural loudness!

I read excerpts from Good Omens, and Herbert West: Re-Animator. Diamond Minx kindly asked me to return next month, which is the Neil Gaiman night! Eeee! Whoever would have thought, the little goth girl who drew stupid comics about Mr. Gaiman would one day be reading his stuff nude on stage. I may have to e-mail him. "Hey, remember me? Guess what?!" Maggie Pie (who is a wonderful reader as well as fucking hilarious and sweet) already got dibs on American Gods, so I may do some short story stuff. The White Road and Shoggoth's Old Peculiar could be good.


Been catching up on other PBP links this morning, because I'm avoiding cleaning the house as long as possible. (Once I finish this entry and my tea, I'll get down to it, because the dust bunnies under my bed are probably sentient by this point.) Quite a few people wrote about devotional dance, which made me smack my forehead because you think I would have thought of that one!

Anyway. I'm going to share what remains one of my favourite numbers. I was supposed to actually be in this one, which was conceived by my little sister Voodoo Pixie (she's the tiny redhead, if you didn't know) but I had to drop out for reasons I can't even remember now. If she ever wants to do it again, though, I'm so there. Just watching the video makes me tear up, to be honest, although I don't think it will have that effect on everyone, heh.

Tribute to Ganesha. With our dear Franky Panky (who was the first Naked Boy Reading last night!) as Ganesha.

No comments:

Post a Comment