Pages

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Making Way.

Loathe as I am to commit to things, I am planning on trying to get through Deb's New Year, New You challenge. The first prompt is Making Way.

Let’s start with the easy part.  Time to clean your house. - See more at: http://www.charmedfinishingschool.com/new-year-new-you-weekly-writing-prompt-making-way/#sthash.G5jtmoSu.dpuf
Let's start with the easy part. Time to clean your house.

This is not a hard thing to do - I have actually been working on a real deep clean for the past couple weeks. Before Christmas I donated a bunch of old clothes, and in the next few days I'll be dropping off another bag and also a bag of old books. Books are extremely hard for me to part with, even if I haven't read them for years. A bunch of them are actually old manga I was keeping for sentimental reasons, but considering the neighbourhood I live in they might make some little fangirl awful happy. That will be better than sitting under my bed.

Finally took the pile of cardboard out to the recycling bin the other day, and wiped down the walls and windows. (The windows were fucking gross.) Dusted the blinds, and then purged the cupboards of anything expired. I still want to wipe down all the kitchen cupboards properly, but that can wait until tomorrow.

I've discussed before my feelings on a clean house; a friend of mine has accused me of being OCD about it, but I honestly don't understand how people get anything done when everything is dirty. Not just cluttered, dirty. Although clutter can be distracting too, especially in a glorified bachelor apartment like mine. Like, you leave out a couple books and don't put the laundry away and you look like you're almost a hoarder.

My cleaning, as usual, incorporates the usual cleansing shit like sage and Florida water and sweeping toward the exit. I did the LBRP and Ritual of the Rose Cross the other night (and did them at my sister's place too, at her request).

Is your time being well spent?

Ugh. I am the queen of slackerdom. But I've installed Leechblock on my computer, so there's at least one hour a day I can't waste online. This will force me to either write or draw. In theory. My exercise routine is, thankfully, easier to stick to, as is meditation since I tend to do it directly after the exercise. The real challenge will be when I go back to work in January. I am hoping to instill habits now, so they can simply be shifted to a different time slot.

An hour a day to devote to projects is not so much. It's very doable. Now we just need to make sure I actually DO it.

Just because someone hands you a big rock doesn't mean you have to carry it.

In terms of letting go of shit, the past few months have been very good for that. I believe I am finally truly getting over things that hurt me a lot more than I wanted to admit. Much of the past year was spent in a very solitary manner, and I feel that perhaps I may feel up to being more social again by the spring.

I have also realised that relationships change, and sometimes as much as it breaks your heart you cannot run after others. You can support them, but not to the exclusion of your own mental health. This is difficult for me, but I am learning when to simply back the fuck off.


It's a new year, with a new moon tonight. It's a good time to commit to becoming the woman (and witch) I want to be: wiser, stronger, healthier, and kinder.
Just because someone hands you a big rock doesn’t mean you have to carry it. - See more at: http://www.charmedfinishingschool.com/new-year-new-you-weekly-writing-prompt-making-way/#sthash.2cJjaQRO.dpuf
Let’s start with the easy part.  Time to clean your house. - See more at: http://www.charmedfinishingschool.com/new-year-new-you-weekly-writing-prompt-making-way/#sthash.G5jtmoSu.dpu
Let’s start with the easy part.  Time to clean your house. - See more at: http://www.charmedfinishingschool.com/new-year-new-you-weekly-writing-prompt-making-way/#sthash.G5jtmoSu.dpuf
Let’s start with the easy part.  Time to clean your house. - See more at: http://www.charmedfinishingschool.com/new-year-new-you-weekly-writing-prompt-making-way/#sthash.G5jtmoSu.dpuf
Let’s start with the easy part.  Time to clean your house. - See more at: http://www.charmedfinishingschool.com/new-year-new-you-weekly-writing-prompt-making-way/#sthash.G5jtmoSu.dpuf

2 comments: