Pages

Sunday, April 27, 2014

"DOLPHINS ARE GREYS?!"

Earlier in the week, one of my social engagements was tea with my sister and our friend V. V is a woman who is unabashedly mystical. I know that some people would find a lot of what she says pretty new age-y and therefore dismiss it, but I find myself in awe of her utter lack of fucks given in regard to people finding her a bit floofy-doo. She's on her own spiritual journey, dammit, and she has no time for your opinions on the matter.

My sister and I both find that as we age we get more hippy about things. Although she has not yet come over to the yoga side, my sister is currently doing wellness exercises provided to her by a friend who is a yoga teacher. Voodoo has some anxiety issues, and she's taking a holistic approach to dealing with them. I continue with my ongoing attempts at a healthier life physically, mentally and spiritually. Unlike V, however, we continue to be self deprecating about our activities.

There's a particular episode of the Last Podcast on the Left that we reference a lot: Ley Lines, Dolphins, and the Indigo. Specifically there's a portion of the episode in which the boys attempt to do a dolphin meditation. Whenever Voodoo or I start to feel a little to out there, we reference it and tell one another to pick up quartz with out butts.

I don't think that we're unique in our contradictory attitudes towards the metaphysical. On the one hand, you recognise the absurdity in bringing a hunk of black tourmaline to work to negate the shitty vibes of the office setup, but on the other hand... you totally did that anyway.

We both also recently purchased nebulizers from Saje. We'd been eyeballing them, wondering if they were worth the money since they're not exactly cheap, and then the less fancy models went on sale. We each picked one up, and we both love them. Seriously, totally worth the forty bucks. I already have a huge collection of essential oils and oil blends that I got from my mom, and using the nebulizer is so much nicer than using an oil burner. Less hassle, less mess, better smell... oh, it's delightful. I have no idea if it's magically sucking ions out of the air or whatever the fuck else it says it's doing, but I give it a thumbs up.


I have nothing good to wrap this entry up with, so have a picture instead:


No comments:

Post a Comment