Pages

Saturday, April 26, 2014

Adventures in Home Colour

I got sick of having blue hair.

I was toying with the idea of going lighter, but after trying on some of my sister's wigs I saw that it really is not flattering on me.  My friend Ava Lure had suggested I go ultra dark green ("Like Sailor Pluto," were her actual words) which was an idea I really liked. So I was been going back and forth between the idea of dark green, and just regular old ultra dark brown. I need to see my cousin for a haircut anyway  and so I figured I'd talk to her about it.

Buuuut... Wednesday after work I snapped in London Drugs. They had some Colour B4 and Colour Oops on sale - products I've only ever seen available in the UK that claim to get rid of dye without bleach. I figured... fuck it. If I really mess it up I can get my cousin to o a rescue mission.

So! First the Colour B4 shit. It takes about an hour with all the rinsing, and it did... not much! I mean, I guess the blue was lighter, but just washing it several times would have done the same thing. Maybe it works better on regular dye, but for me? Not worth it. The Colour Oops was a bit more expensive so maybe it's more effective.

I decided to go ahead with the dye anyway. I used L'oreal Healthy Look in Darkest Brown - it's a demi-permanent, since I figured that would be easier to fix just in case I fucked it up.

After drying my hair, and it appeared to have gone well, until I noticed one or two bits at the back that didn't get saturated and so were still blue-ish. The advantage of having thin hair is always having extra dye, so that shit went back on my head again. Why yes I fished the box out the trash, why do you ask?


So there we have it. The blue was undeniably fun, and I'm glad I did it, but maintaining a bright colour is just not for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment