Pages

Sunday, February 28, 2016

definition of being alive

I saw The Witch yesterday and I have a lot of feelings about it, but right now I feel like a horrendous shit beast because of this cold, so I just want to make a brief post about something that just happened.

A few weeks ago, my sister and I helped another pair of sisters. The elder, who travels all over the word as part of her job, had for years been haunted by something. Without going into too many details, I can say that what we did was name it, draw it up, and get it to fuck off.

(I owe a lot to Lon Milo DuQuette for the inspiration for that ritual.)

Anyway, the sisters just dropped by. The elder gave my sister and I a gift. Years ago, she picked up two stones in Laos. She's carried them around as talismans, and tonight she gave us one of them. It was just such a sweet gesture - I nearly cried, and not just because I'm all hopped up on cold medication.

It's good to help people, in whatever way you can.

1 comment: