Pages

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Lust in Spaaaaace!

This Sunday is the Sin City Lust in Space event. Our friends Melody Mangler and Little Miss Risk are going to be there - modelling and preforming respectively - and probably several others that I'll drunkenly go, "omg how are yooooooooooooou?!" at.

So Voodoo and I went out today to do a little costume shopping. Voodoo is doing a sort of steampunk thing, and of course she was smart enough to draw up a sketch before we left the house. I did no such thing - I was trusting to fate that I'd find something. Really the only thing I knew I wanted was an eyepatch. The rest of the concept for my outfit was something like, "Jean-Baptiste Emmanuel Zorg meets the Borg meets Bladerunner meets steampunk space Nazi sort of... thing."

So, like I said, I was basically hoping something would work out.

After some neat hits at Deluxe Junk (there were these awesome pants that had one leg that was a corset-lace up the back - made my ass look awesome, but they were reeeeeally low cut) we popped into Deadly Couture. They had the leftovers from their 50% off sale, and hidden in there I found this shirt. For thirty bucks. And it fit my boobs. SOLD.

We stopped at Dressew and picked up some other stuff we needed, which on my case included these ultra cheap 'steampunk' goggles. I've cut them in half, painted the cheap plastic with metallic black nailpolish, and am gluing this weird metal doodlybob to the lens. With some new elastic, it will then become my fucked up cyber eyepiece.

I have a feeling by the time I finish this outfit I'll look sort of like Lady Gaga. This is not a negative. In my head, this means Voodoo is probably like, part of the rebel alliance in our galaxy, and I'm one of the baddies. I'll take pictures, natch.

No idea what's covering my ass yet, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment